The #SaveGovtSchools movement is a statewide campaign in Karnataka that kick-started in July, demanding a comprehensive state education policy to ensure free and quality education for all. It aims to achieve this across all the state-run government schools. This campaign received an overwhelming response and has successfully now turned into a movement with more than two lakh people expressing their support through the missed call campaign. People from different walks of life have now joined and further strengthened the campaign with one single agenda, vis-a-vis to save our government schools.
Let’s all join hands to ensure a better and brighter future for all our students in government-run institutions across Karnataka.
- A comprehensive state education policy.
- Free and quality education for all until PU/12th and 12+3 in case of girls.
- An independently researched white paper on RTE implementation in Karnataka state.
- To encourage corporates and individuals to adopt more government schools.
- To bring in transparency and accountability in the educational department.
- To bring back the glorious days of government education.
- To build leaders in the field of education to sustain our efforts and also to recognise and honour those who contributed to education.
- IIEd – Indian Institute of Education. A premier world-class teacher training institute in line with IITs and IIMs.
As a part of the campaign, the team has travelled to several parts of Karnataka and paid visits to various government schools and has successfully drafted and written numerous letters to the Honourable Chief Minister and Education Minister on the urgent need to address the concerns of government schools.
In the near future, the team will also take up a ‘Shikshana Yatra’, an educational tour across the state, aimed at creating awareness about public education and further encourage people to participate in the movement to save government schools.